Friday, February 17, 2006

Lala Photo Revisited, 2Tru2B4Got10



I have to say it, I have a lot of very resourceful assistants. I may have jumped a little too quick and a little too far with my assertion that the photo was a fake. The upside of this is that I did manage to get a few knowledgeable persons to step forward and turn over enough evidence to make something possible that at the start didn't seem to be, namely, the verification of the photo.

Let me take you through the necessary hoops: (for clarity, I will refer to the Patty O'Furniture photo as ‘StoneTemple’, the 'iTunes' image as just that.

1) The resolution differences have been easily explained as compression issues with jpeg format.

2) A real issue for me as I re-examined my case was that her teeth had more detail in the ‘StoneTemple’ version than the 'iTunes' one. It seemed unlikely that this would have been added to the 'StoneTemple' photo.

3) As for Patty O’Furniture’s standing with the good doctor. I must admit that there may be no single person with better standing than Patty. He is likely to be one of the earliest fans of the show, (not including people who knew the cast and crew directly.) He started a fan club after 6 episodes had been aired and only 40 comments had been posted, an early adopter, to say the least. (BTW: If you too happen to be one of these early birds, drop me a line and let me know how in the great vastness of the internet, that you found this little gin joint.)

Posted by Patty:  May 14, 2005  9:28 PM
I've decided to start a "Lala, Tiki Bar Star Fanclub."
Since I'm the first one...I voted myself as president.

And the ulitmated mark of distinction, there is only one single photo on the current forum site and the original blogspot site that was placed by the webmaster. Who is that picture of? Not Doctor Tiki or Johnny-Johnny or even Lala. The picture is of none other than, Patty O’Funiture. Both sites state “Send us your pics” but only the one photo has ever been accepted. So in his own way Patty is a pioneer and leader. “You’re a better man than I, Gunga Din.”



4) Finally, a very observent reader seems to have recognized the wall that Lala is standing in front of. It just so happens to have a partial of the name StoneTemple Nightclub painted on it.
How convenient is that!

The final step would be to locate and verify this wall fragment and claim that this so called “Shroud of Vancouver” was in fact the “Holy Tiki Mug”, the real McCoy. That is what I set out to do and that is what I can now tell you that I have done.

See the inside of the Stone Temple Nightclub yourself at:
Stone Temple Nightclub VR

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Torromeo said...

I told you guys. It was all about motive.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo in the bar is probably the source for the iTunes photo. Cropped the head out and filled in the background. It seems a lot of people are looking at it the other way around.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fools, all of you.

I love when geeks compare pixel counts and go into detail about the technology behind a hot photo.

I'm no expert but I'd day that the photo is real and was used to create the original Tiki Icon.

... & by the way, she's wearing the same skirt while sitting on Jeff's lap in her myspace page. (Coincidence, I think not).

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Articles, Entries and Questions:

#55 > Behind the Scenes

#54 > Lala's Calendar Revealed

#53 > "Meet the Cast - Coming Soon

#52 > Caught on Camera

#51 > Lala spotted on 42nd Street

#50 > Limey Coming Back

#49 > Waiting Again

#48 > The Jonathan J. Jonathan Collection

#47 > On what date did Lala shed her skin?

#46 > Tiki Bar Trivia passes 10,000

#45 > Forbes Article, July 3rd

#44 > 10-year-olds Making Newscasts

#43 > Off the wire: Tiki TV Toasts Success

#42 > Early Version of Tiki Bar Discovered

#41 > Medecins Sans Permis

#40 > Indie Film of Note: Come Together

#39 > Buttons, Buttons, What's with that?

#38 > Ode to Limey

#37 > The Early days (continued)

#36 > The Waiting is the Hardest Part, Again

#35 > The Doctor's Sleeping Quarters

#34 > That fateful Halloween night

#33 > Is Tiki Bar TV dead?

#32 > Johnny-Johnny set up

#31 > Storyboarding in reverse

#30 > Lala Photo Revisited, 2Tru2B4Got10

#29 > Lala's stairway to heaven

#28 > Continuity: noun

#27 > It's the new pink

#26 > Lala Hoax Revealed, 2Good2BTru

#25 > Finally a Number... 200,000

#24 > 'Boyfriend with Woes' name

#23 > Cast Member Update:

#22 > The Art of Tiki Bar TV

#21 > Who is drawing these?

#20 > Scene Flipped

#19 > Rocketboom on Tiki Bar TV

#18 > Drink-Bot: The early years.

#17 > Spotlight falls on Drink-Bot

#16 > Fez Spotted on Cameras in Vegas

#15 > Vote Yes or No for US$9.99 DVD of first 10 Episodes

#14 > Where did this picture come from?

#13 > Have you seen these men?

#12 > Johnny-Johnny's Last Words

#11 > St. Ethel's Girl's High, not the type

#10 > Sarah's Been there, alright

#09 > The Waiting is the Hardest Part

#08 > Oh, my God!

#07 > Pirate's Identity

#06 > Lala Spotted

#05 > Back to Basics: Name the cast

#04 > DRINK-BOT's Blog

#03 > Women in FIlm

#02 > Word of Warning

#01 > First and Foremost, A Tribute













eXTReMe Tracker